Prince are working with a busy thriving business based in Telford who are looking for an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis. Working within a small finance team, the Accounts Assistant will report directly to the Finance Director and support the finance department with the day-to-day accounting and administrative tasks required to ensure the smooth running of the company.
Duties will include:
- Accurately log multi-currency purchase ledger invoices
- Respond to supplier purchase ledger queries and complete filing as appropriate
- Ensure invoices and/or purchase orders are approved
- Reconcile supplier statements and manage any discrepancies
- Process expense claims and credit card statements
- Produce payment run for due and approved invoices
- Provide effective credit control, including reviewing sales ledger accounts, contacting customers regarding overdue payments and raising debit notes where appropriate
- Provide reception cover as required including meeting and greeting visitors and answering calls via the switchboard
- Produce and maintain spreadsheets and records as required
- Set up payments on the online banking system for authorisation by a Manager
- Accounting support including reconciliations and postings
- Other general accounting and administration duties which may be required from time to time
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a busy finance department with good written and verbal communication skills. Experience of using accounting software and Microsoft Office, particularly a sound knowledge of Excel is an advantage.
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.