£29,500 including shift allowance
6pm – 6am continental shifts
Date added to website:
Wednesday, 23 Sep, 2020
We are working with a well established client based in
Telford to help recruit a Warehouse Team Leader on a permanent basis. The
successful candidate will supervise 5 + warehouse operatives to ensure the
effective control of goods in and the accurate despatch of customer orders,
security, raw materials, production feed and health and safety.
- Organise and plan nightly warehouse operations.
- Distribute all order picks to the shift team as released
by the scheduler and monitor progress.
- Pick orders accurately and efficiently and ensure all
staff do the same.
- Maintain accurate stock locations & ensure stock is
kept in a good condition.
- Ensure all pre shift FLT checks are completed and signed
back at the end of the shift. Prepare new check sheets every week.
- Liaise with other departments and shifts as necessary
including detailed daily shift reports.
- Organise manning levels, including holidays, sickness and
- Instigate initial disciplinary procedures and carry out
Return To Work interviews. Assist in any
other employee issues/concerns.
- Strive to improve customer service level.
- Maintain KPI's for the shifts performance.
- Ensure high levels of Health & Safety and
housekeeping are maintained at all times using any free hours to maintain a
high level of cleanliness and tidiness in the warehouse and doing a daily 'My
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork.
- Implement improvement projects as and when required.
- Despatch and invoice orders when required
- Allocate the stock to the orders when required
- Ensure PI checks are organised and carried out
effectively, correcting stock where necessary.
- Carry out any reasonable task requested by management.
- Hours out for the team
- Hourly pick rates for the duration of the shift
Competencies and Qualifications
- Warehouse Environment
- Capable of delivering results and remaining calm under
- Able to demonstrate outstanding decision making ability,
working within tight timescales.
- Ability to enforce targets and provide constructive
- Must be willing to adopt a flexible approach to working.
- Current Fork Lift Licence (Counterbalance and Flexi)
We will carefully consider
your details and advise you if we're
able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you
do not hear from us within this time your details won't be retained. So, if
you're not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles
we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your
search for employment.