This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established organisation in the Education sector. This is a varied role where the successful candidate will work under the guidance of the School Business Manager to provide general administrative support to the school. You will work in a friendly team within a rewarding environment. The role pays £12.18 per hour and will be working term time only.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to:
- Undertake reception duties, answering general telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Assist with pupil welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc.
- Assist in arrangements for schools trips, events etc.
- Provide general clerical/administrative support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, completing standard forms, responding to routine correspondence
- Update and maintain computer records
- Produce lists and analysis of data from manual and computer records
- Produce lists/information/data as required e.g. pupils data
- Undertake word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Take notes at meetings
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake administrative procedures, registers, school meals etc.
- Maintain and collate pupil reports
- Maintain stock and supplies and re-order as required
- Undertake financial administration e.g. process orders/invoices, assist with banking, collect and record cash etc.
- Respond to routine correspondence
Skills and Experience
- To be considered for this role you must have previous administration experience, ideally within the education sector although this is not essential.
- You must be a strong administrator with fantastic organisation skills.
- Good computer skills including MS Office
- Good Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.