Are you currently working as a Purchasing Assistant with the desire to quickly progress into a Buyer?
Are you keen to join a business that is prepared to invest in you obtaining your CIPS qualification?
Prince Personnel are recruiting on behalf of a well-established engineering business who are looking to recruit a Purchasing Assistant. This is an exciting new position for the business where the Purchasing Assistant will be playing an integral role within a thriving engineering business. They are looking for a driven individual who is motivated to grow alongside the company and make an impact within the wider-organisation.
You will be joining a thriving business and be part of a small, friendly and collaborative team. The company have worked really hard and have doubled their turnover in the last 5 years and now have some excellent opportunities for further growth.
The Purchasing Assistant will have the scope to develop the position into a Buyer role where they will be responsible for:
- Managing the supplier portfolio and ensure strategies are in place for effective pricing and commercial agreements
- Procuring all components, parts and sub-contract services for manufacturing
- Negotiating with and sourcing new suppliers
- Resolving any supplier invoice queries
- Monitoring stock levels and ensuring min/max levels are maintained
- Ensure supplier conformance and managing any non-conformance issues
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience within a Purchasing Assistant / Assistant Buyer / Purchasing Administration related role with a good understanding of purchasing processes
- Strong organisational skills
- CIPS qualification would be advantageous but not essential
- Experience working with MRP systems
- Strong negotiation skills and good commercial aptitude
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.