We are recruiting for a Management Accountant for a large manufacturing business based in Telford. The role will be responsible for implementing and maintaining product cost structures, producing meaningful cost variance analysis and developing detailed cost forecasts.
- Development and preparation of labour productivity reports, analysing and identifying key variances
- Assist with the preparation of weekly/monthly/quarterly forecasts
- Preparation of monthly stock and cost of sales journals
- Completion of monthly stock balance sheet account reconciliation
- Verification and recording of month-end inventory cut-off tests
- Organising and managing BOM/routing reviews
- Organising and managing quarterly stock takes
- Counting and verifying MRO stock position on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of stock adjustments
- Preparation and analysis of internal scrap
- Preparation and analysis of costs of quality
- Preparation of scrap sales invoices
- Tracking and accruing quality concerns
- Maintain and update rolling stock forecast, identifying variances to prior forecasts
- Verification and updating of standard costs for materials, labour and overheads
- Attend engineering change meetings and preparation of financial impact for change requests
- Preparation and maintenance of work centre labour and overhead cost rates
- Preparation and analysis of daily/weekly/monthly KPI’s reports
- Preparation and analysis of variances between actual and standard cost
- Assisting with analysis of contribution margin against customer quotation, tracking movements and reconciling back to original business case
- Collection and preparation of internal costs relating to government grants
- Assisting with reporting of the financial performance of continuous improvement projects
- Assisting with the implementation of robust internal financial controls
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be part or fully qualified with manufacturing experience and solid understanding/experience of costing. You will need to have advanced MS Excel skills.
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.