Our client is recruiting for a HR & Compliance Advisor to provide first line HR guidance, support and advice to managers and staff on organisational development such as recruitment and selection, performance management and compliance such as IR35, DBS, training and development. Your advice will be consistent with company policies and in accordance with best practice and current legislation, whilst upholding and promoting company organisational values.
Responsibilities and duties will include, but not limited to:
- You will effectively manage the development, promotion and maintenance of a healthy OD staff engagement and compliance across the organisation, which upholds our values.
- You will lead on all HR Compliance projects including things like – support from the HR Administrator on Right to work in the UK, Referencing and checks, Driving Licenses Renewals, IR35, Professional Registration and Revalidation, Statutory and Mandatory training.
- You will support the HR Business Partner in the implementation of the People Strategy, and acts as a pivotal HR advisory point of contact for Managers and Employees.
- You will be expected to manage and coordinate elements of service provision, projects and procedures, to support the HR Business Partner and acting as the managerial lead in their absence.
- Leading on all HR Compliance projects and suggesting ideas for improvement.
- Identify and investigate HRIS concerns, documenting and reporting issues and required actions to the HR Business Partner. Understanding bespoke HR package functionality and implement process maps and assist with trouble shooting queries.
- Provide support with the identification, implementation and maintenance of any new HR Management Information System (HRMIS).
- Overseeing the recruitment and onboarding.
- Managing the annual IR35 compliance for all staff members in line with internal process.
- Managing the Corporate Induction for all new starters, as well as ensuring all internal inductions are competed and recorded. Reviewing feedback and data from each session to drive improvements.
- Advising managers on recruitment processes, providing advice on the writing of job descriptions and person specifications, to ensure consistency of approach. Assisting managers with selection processes, including values-based interview techniques.
- Supporting the HR team in the collation, analysis and interpretation of performance management data, e.g. vacancies, recruitment turnaround times and staff retention as required.
- Managing the exit interview process with all leavers. Holding face-to-face conversation where they have been requested and identify any actions or improvements required.
- Supporting the Head of HR with the development and implementation of initiatives to support resourcing, candidate attraction and retention.
- Supporting the HR Business Partner with the development of training for Line Managers on our employment policies and our key people management processes.
- Effectively managing and driving the organisation’s Learning and Development Plan for the business with integrity, empathy, sensitivity and commercial acumen.
- Coaching, mentoring and influencing managers to develop their people management/leadership skills, constructively challenging inappropriate behaviours and dealing with difficult and contentious issues within the organisation.
- Oversee the management of training records.
- Working closely with the HR Business Partner to gain a robust understanding of organisational strategic goals and objectives.
- Providing monthly reports to all Heads of Department regarding appraisals, probation reviews and training etc.
- Analysing monthly workforce data to provide commentary and HR recommendations as required.
- Working collaboratively and innovatively with the IT and BI teams, to proactively embrace digital transformation of the HR function.
- Analysing monthly workforce data to provide commentary and HR recommendations as required to the HR Business Partner and HR team, ensuring information provided is accurate and provided in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Writing reports summarising status on issues, appraising outcomes, and providing progress reports; interpreting and comparing data requiring analysis to highlight issues, risks and support decision making.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, making recommendations for review and improvements in line with customer requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working as a HR Advisor or similar level, where you would feel comfortable coming into this level of role and being able to add value to the team.
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent experience (or working towards) is essential. Further or higher education or equivalent CIPD Level 7 or equivalent experience is desirable but not essential.
- You will have a positive, pro-active diligent approach, excellent communication skills, and the ability to deliver a high-quality service and compliance. You will also have the ability to work to tight deadlines together with the motivation to drive improvement and efficiencies across our processes.
- Experience of working in a high-quality busy HR function, with the ability to prioritise workflow demands, whilst maintaining a consistent professional HR approach
- Experience of auditing training provisions, making recommendations for improvements and developments, to ensure that training and development delivers business requirements and adds value.
- Experience of writing and delivering training packages to meet the current and future requirements of the organisation, teams and individuals.
- Working Knowledge of UK employment law, including disciplinary/ grievance, sickness absence, maternity / paternity provisions, terms, and conditions of service etc
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.