Prince are looking for an immediately available Design Engineer to join a well-established, leading manufacturer on a temp to perm basis. Our client is looking for a skilled Design Engineer who can join the existing team of designers onsite. You will be responsible for producing design drawings to client specifications, liaising with customers on design requirements when needed and conducting stress and structural calculations, and feasibility reviews. You will be working on mostly bespoke designs, as well as standard product ranges.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Producing accurate design drawings to meet customers specification
- Liaising with customers on design requirements
- Modifying and revising drawings when needed
- Conducting feasibility and structural testing on products
- Working on projects from initial concept through to production
- Attending site visits when needed
- Working with internal departments on project status and manufacture
Skills and Experience
- Experience within a Design focused role
- Experience using Solidworks will be ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of load bearing/ structural calculations and testing will be ESSENTAIL
- Experience with sheet metal would be advantageous
- This role would suit someone who has previously worked as a Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Design Engineer / CAD Designer / CAD Design Engineer
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.