Prince Personnel are recruiting on behalf of a very well-established client in Telford who have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Engineer to join a passionate team of engineers. You will have the opportunity to see your design from initial concept through to manufacturing, and work on bespoke orders and support with product development and new product introduction. This is very much a project management design engineering role, within a very supportive team and a company that encourages growth and development.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for:
- Initial concept, design, development, and management of projects for a range of products
- Working on bespoke orders and specifications
- Supporting with product development and new product introduction
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Organising and managing projects
- Dealing with project enquiries and quote generation
- Entering orders onto the system and producing works orders
- Working with engineering team to agree on realistic time frames and evaluating cost and risk
- Work alongside purchasing department to order correct materials
- Obtaining relevant certification to show compliance
Skills and Experience
- Must have experience with AutoCAD 3D software – ESSENTIAL
- Experience with sheet metal – ESSENTIAL
- Design qualification or degree would be beneficial but not essential
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and technical knowledge
- This role would suit someone who has previously worked as a Design Engineer / Mechanical Design Engineer / Product Designer / Designer
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.