Do you have experience souring and selecting new ranges?
Do you really enjoy getting in touch with your market and developing a great grasp on what customers want?
If you really love contributing to the overall offering and leading the way in the products you offer, and have experience Purchasing products for re-sale, then we have a great opportunity where you can really make your mark by joining an existing Purchasing team as a Category Manager. This company are still in their “early-years” so as the a Buyer within the business, you have the chance to be a key player and really contribute and be rewarded for driving the business forwards.
They have some exciting plans for the future and have already made a reputable name for themselves in their niche market. Existing product knowledge isn’t important (but would be great if you do) as this can be learnt and once you start delving into this market you will quickly come to understand there is more than meets the eye!
As the Buyer, you will be getting involved in:
- Developing long-lasting and productive (and obviously commercially beneficial) relationships with your global supplier base
- Using your supplier development experience to understand and research supplier capabilities
- Supplier sourcing in-line with innovation range management strategies and managing the supplier selection process
- Using you negotiating skills costs and terms with the supplier base for products
- Becoming “at-one” with your market sector to identify new products and understand what your up against in terms of your competitor offerings, and using that knowledge to increase your own market-share
What will you get in return?
- You will be working for company who offer Hybrid working with the ability to work from home one day per week as well as flexibility with start/finish times – the working week is 37.5hrs
- This company offer excellent benefits and really value their people, so you will benefit from a trusting environment and the opportunity to develop your career with additional training and qualifications
- Enhanced annual leave with the opportunity to buy/sell your holidays – and you even get your birthday off!
- Salary will be up to circa £40k depending on experience
What experience will you need?
Previous experience in a Buyer / Purchasing / Product Manager / Procurement / Category Manager role within the goods-for-resale market with a strong eye for spotting new trends and market opportunities
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.