We are working with a well-established manufacturing business, based in Telford, who are looking for an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to support the Head of Finance in all aspects of accounting. The successful candidate will need to be comfortable with getting involved with the transactional duties too.
You will be responsible for:
- Purchase ledger
- Processing expenses
- Credit control
- Aged debtor and creditor reports
- Completing weekly bank reconciliations
- Petty cash processing
- Prepare VAT returns and undertake reconciliation
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts
- Prepayments and accruals
- Actual vs Budget overhead analysis
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monitor and review goods received not invoiced
- Intercompany balance reconciliations
- Cash flow reporting
- Assist with the preparation for annual auditing.
Skills and Experience
Our client is looking for a candidate with proven experience in a business accounts environment. You will be a confident communicator with an analytical mind and a methodical approach. You must be computer literate, with a high-level of MS Excel.
The application process:
Our mission is to support our clients in their creation of an equal, diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to providing a barrier-free recruitment process, so if you require any reasonable accessibility adjustments within the application process, then please make it known at the earliest opportunity.
We will carefully consider your details and advise you if we’re able to progress with your application within 72 working hours. If you do not hear from us within this time your details won’t be retained. So, if you’re not successful on this occasion, do continue to respond to future roles we advertise. In the meantime, all good wishes and continued success with your search for employment.